7 Tactics to Write Quality Content Your Audience Will Love in 2019
The scene of ‘Google search’ changes every year and search algorithms are now more intelligent and precise in delivering relevant results to the users across the globe.
The high-quality content helps your business gaining more trust, exposure, conversions as well as reputation among your target audience.
But the big question is “what is high-quality content in 2019?”
Google has some basic principles that define high-quality content:
- High-quality content is something that is curated for users, not for search engines.
- This type of content doesn’t trick the users or deceive them.
- It is not automatically generated or scrapped from other websites.
Considering the higher quality Google results, these are just basic guidelines that sum up the definition of high-quality content.
Actually, there are many more factors that transform normal content into high-quality content.
Here in this article, I am showing 7 tested factors that will help you to create awesome quality content.
1. Purpose of content
High-quality content always has a purpose, if you are writing without purpose then you are just telling a story with no moral. Google doesn’t like that, Google wants content to have a purpose, which naturally would be to ‘answer the reader’s question.’
How to define the purpose of the content:
Ask these questions to yourself.
- Does my content justify the subject of the article?
- Does it answer the user’s queries?
- Am I providing a real-world solution?
Keeping these questions in mind, create an awesome outline and then start writing. It will help you create a practical solution for a user’s problem, which your audience would love to read.
2. Target audience
Creating content without a target audience is like shooting arrows in the dark. This doesn’t bring good SEO results, this doesn’t convert readers into customers.
To understand this, let’s consider an example. When you search the word “dove” on Google, you see results of Dove brand, Dove bird, Dove jewelry.
Now, let’s say you have an article on your website about Dove brand and someone searches the word ‘dove’ (but he is looking for bird). Your article shows up on Google, the user lands on your article, but he doesn’t see any bird information so, he hits the back button.
Three things happen here, (1) You lose a potential customer. (2) Your website’s bounce rate goes higher. (3) Google algorithm thinks your content is less engaging among users.
You certainly don’t want all three things to happen to your website, right?
How to set a target audience:
Ask these actionable questions to set a target audience.
- Who am I writing the content for?
- Who can relate to my content?
- Which location’s audience I want to target?
- Which age group people would find my content interesting?
If you think of these questions ahead of writing then you will be able to find the right audience for your content.
The other benefit of knowing your target audience is that you can mold your content according to your audience’s taste, behavior and understanding.
3. 100% authentic information
With tons of articles available on the internet, the authenticity of information has been diluted. People just rephrase other’s articles, comments, facts and publish it to make another pile of nonsense information.
Neither Google nor users like this nonsense.
Therefore, it is very important to include authentic information and facts into your writing. This valid information builds trust and reputation for your authorship, website as well as content.
How to include 100% authentic information
- Look for reliable sources for facts and information. Every industry has some trustworthy organizations that provide authentic information. Get in touch with such organization through social media, email or check their websites.
- For example, Statista provides genuine facts and information for various industries and niche. If you are planning to include facts into your content, check Statista website. (You can also buy the premium plan of this service, it provides full statistics and downloads.)
- If you are into marketing then eMarketer is an authentic source for looking data and facts.
4. Easy to read
You may have come across articles that went above your head. Such articles provide information but in a way that is too difficult to read or understand.
Who would want to read such articles? The answer is simple, Nobody. Even search engines don’t like that.
In the beginning, a hard to read article may get some ranks on Google. But later, when Google sees less user engagement with the information, the article rank goes down and disappears from top pages.
How to make the article easy to read
- Use friendly language to explain things in your article.
- Don’t use jargons or literary language.
- Try writing in active voice.
- Use subheadings to divide the article into chunks.
- Write shorter paragraphs.
- Use Hemingway App to check article readability
5. No grammatical & spelling mistakes.
Google doesn’t give a higher rank preference to articles that have spelling and grammatical mistakes.
Also, from a user’s perspective, it is too bad to have spelling and grammar errors because it makes it hard for him to comprehend the information.
If a user has to put extra efforts to read and understand your blog post then he is not going do that. He will simply hit the back button or close the tab and look for another article.
You certainly don’t want users to leave your site so quickly. Right?
How to write error-free
- Pay full attention to writing, avoid multitasking.
- Proofread the article twice to make sure there are no mistakes.
- Use tools like Grammarly to check spelling and grammatical errors.
6. Insightful images, video snippets
A study found that when people hear some information, they remember only 10% of that information 3 days later. But when they see information with the relevant image, they remember 65% of the information 3 days later.
Interesting fact, isn’t it?
These days, fewer people want to read articles that are full of text information but have no rich media. Most users quickly abandon such articles, this leads to poor user experience and eventually, your website’s SEO gets hurt badly.
For this reason, it is very necessary to include meaningful images and video snippets into your article to make it interesting.
But don’t use stock images (they suck), other website’s images without permission (it will lead to copyright infringement issue) or irrelevant pictures (they add no value).
How to do it
- Depending on your article topic you can select images to add. If you want to add charts, reports then you can create it through an online tool. (Google it and you will find many tools)
- If you want to use other website’s informative images then you should contact them and ask. Many times websites allow you to use their images with a credit link.
- You can look for HQ images on sites like Pixabay, Pexels These sites provide free images that you can use for commercial and non-commercial purpose.
- You can also use online tools like Canva or Snappa to create beautiful custom images.
7. Links to other information sources
If you are writing about content marketing then you can’t cover everything in one article or if you are explaining advanced methods of SEO then you can’t start writing about SEO from scratch. This is where helpful outbound links come into the picture.
When you write an article and provides helpful links to other resources, it makes the article more valuable.
Through those links of articles, your readers can get a better understanding of what you are talking about.
How to do it
- In your article, look for the terms that you have no space to explain.
- Find other helpful resources on Google that explain those terms.
- Check whether those resources are indexed in Google.
- Also, check their DA through Moz link explorer to make sure the page has good authority.
- If you are sure of that resource then provide an outbound link to that page in your article.
High-quality content is hard to create, it requires deep research, deep knowledge, and deep content creation skills but it’s worth doing. Once you do it, you see the positive SEO outcome of your hard work.
As you know now, high-quality content improves the user experience by providing a real-world solution to the users. It also reduces the bounce rate & helps the whole website’s SEO. Thus, it is very necessary to keep the quality standard high for content creation.
I am sure the above tips will help you to create awesome content for your audience and they will love it.